Could The HFPA Have Come Up With A Better Host Pairing Than Tina Fey And Amy Poehler?
The Golden Globes don't actually even need one host, never mind two; until Ricky Gervais came along, the telecast was just a series of famous presenters, and everyone was pretty much fine with that. But if the Hollywood Foreign Press Association is going to insist upon having a host for the Golden Globes, the team of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler is a pretty good call. We enjoyed watching them together on SNL and in Baby Mama, and we like them separately, on 30 Rock and Parks And Recreation. We'll probably enjoy them making sarcastic remarks about the nominees and about the unearned, over-the-top pomp of the drunk Oscars.
So no one's saying this isn't a good host team. It is. In fact, it's hard to think of any pair of people who'd hypothetically surpass them. Hard...but not impossible.
- Louis C.K. and Melissa Leo
- Jon Hamm and Adam Scott
- Jon Hamm and John Slattery
- Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone
- Sarah and Laura Silverman
- Amy Sedaris and Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell
- Connie Britton and Lauren Graham
- Donald Glover and Danny Pudi
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman
- Matt Paxton and Robin Zasio
- Emily Blunt and Rosemarie DeWitt
- Sean Young and Paz De La Huerta
- Barack Obama and Beyoncé