Extra Hot Great Submission Guidelines
Your guide to sending in Canon pitches, Game Time questions and more.
Submission Guidelines for The Canon
- Audio submissions only
- We'll add clips, don't worry about that
- Your spoken argument (without clips) should be no more than 6 minutes
- If you want specific clips inserted at specific points say "Insert clip X here" on your recording and send clip info in your email (e.g 3:13-3:44 "I'm not the problem..." to "We'll get through this")
- Please include 10 seconds of dead silence at the start of the recording (it helps us 'scrub' out any hums or white noise if we can sample it cleanly)
- Make sure you are not sending something we already tackled.
- Send your submissions to email@example.com
Submissions For Game Time
Do you know what time it is? It's (time to submit your games for) Game Time! Each episode of the podcast ends with an epic test of TV trivia and some of the best, craziest, and most fun ones have come directly from our listeners. Some game types we've played in the past include thematic quizzes (e.g. "What's My Ride?," matching the transportation to the show), knowledge endurance tests (e.g. Hot Potato, where a list of related things are traded back and forth -- one we already did involved opening credit cast members of Law & Order), and if you are feeling ambitious we also do audio quizzes (e.g. theme songs). If you want to check if your idea has been done before, just email Dave. Here are the guidelines for submissions:
- For straight-up quizzes, we need a minimum of 32 questions, and more is better! Sometimes we add our own questions to the mix.
- Why not give your game a name? We love puns.
- TV-related, please!
- You can send your game as an email attachment (e.g. .txt file, Word doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you'd rather share a Google Doc, please share it with Dave (he runs Game Time) at his address, email@example.com
Help Us With Existing Game Time Ideas
Sometimes we get (or think of) a great Game Time idea but we need more questions. That's when we ask the awesome folks who follow @EHGassist on Twitter. Join us there!